- Assure the general functioning of the Abbey’s three primary systems, which are water, heat, and power.
- Be on call for urgent conditions, especially power outages.
- Maintain good relations with our contractors and suppliers.
- Render physical assistance to all department heads in setting up programs and events.
- Keep three vehicles clean and in road-worthy condition using qualified mechanics.
- As needed, repair or have repaired the various elements and parts of our fourteen structures.
- Commitment and desire to live and work in a practice community.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair practices.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Barbara Badessi, Director of Gampo Abbey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.